Sunday, December 16, 2007

Song of the Week (15/12/2007) Killswitch Engage - My Curse

Wow it's been a long time. I flew back to Houston today, but that doesn't really mean anything. I probably haven't felt the need to blog about music because I was in the process of completing Guitar Hero 3 in expert, which has failed (damn that One solo...) [as they were stricken down, to the ground] and practicing further will result in what I believe is a waste of time (still fun though). So I just started playing guitar again.

Well that really has nothing to do with anything, so, this song.

It's been a long time since I felt the need to blog about a 'core' (what's with this terminology all of the sudden?) metal song, and actually I don't really remember having blogged about one before. I don't know what brought me to start typing this out, but this song is a thrilling ride.

It may be the entrancing clean guitar intro and the recurring themes, the energy full of lyrics (actually, the other way around), and the strong guitar that takes you on this interesting rock trip. Blogging about music can become a pain in the ass, you really can't say much :P.

Well guess this band is a good example of US Metal which isn't very... well not as famous as European but it's hanging in there. Anyway, if you don't like grunts (not my cup of tea either, but I guess it's the best type of voice that can go along this type of metal) you can and probably should stay away from this one.

Well I should stop listening to this one, I'll probably wake someone up. I know the cat is complaining about it already.

There's no real interpretation of the lyrics, sounds like a painful love curse which we all stumble upon eventually. Here goes the lyrics and the mediafire direct download of the song.

Killswitch Engage - My Curse Lyrics

I watched you walk away
Helpless, with nothing to say
I strain my eyes
Hoping to see you again

This is my curse (the longing)
This is my curse (time)
This is my curse (the yearning)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me?
Will you be there?

Your silence haunts me
But still I hunger for you

This is my curse (the wanting)
This is my curse (time)
This is my curse (the needing)
This is my curse

There is love burning to find you
Will you wait for me?

Still I want
And still I ache
But still I wait
To see you again

Dying, inside, these walls (2x)

And I see your face, in these tears? In these tears
And I see your face...

There is love (8x)
**********************************************
Killswitch Engage - My Curse Direct Download

0 comments (Click to Show/Hide):