Thursday, February 8, 2007

(Stepmania) Song of the Week 8/2/2007 Kimi ga Sora Datta - Misato Aki

And now for you my second stepmania simfile. Hmm. This was pretty epic.

First of all Stepmania is a program that simulates (? couldn't find a better word) DDR - Dance Dance Revolution. It basically is a game where you time your feet to hit the arrows in time, and the arrows are most of the time synced with the music. So I got Stepmania, got my dance pad, and while I was building my song collection over from the folks at bemanistyle and flashflashrevolution, the strangest thing happened: one of my favorite anime songs had no file -_-. So after weeks of idleness and some more idleness I finally got to work and finished Kimi ga Sora Datta by Misato Aki, from Mai Hime's ending theme.

The reasons why no one had done this file before eluded me at first, but I found out why:
1) In no episode of Mai Hime can you find a "clean" audio of the song. Punch lines, laughter, screams, cries, moans all contaminate the initial part of the song.
2) In the episodes that do not "contaminate" the song, the ending theme rushes in as abruptly as the Russian Revolution, leaving a very incomplete sounding intro to the song.
3) The laziness of common stepmania authors does not allow them to play around and cut mp3 until they sound just right :D

So, in order to get this done, I had to cut my own TV size version (thanks to audacity-sound editing program). After that, I had to fix up some codecs, get virtualdub (vid. encoder, etc.) to edit the video and sync the karaoke. Then I made basic steps and distributed them in 3 difficulty levels. I don't like Light, it makes me take too much steps away in order to make it easy, but Medium and Heavy should be sync'd all the way :D. The only thing I didn't do this time was my name logo, thanks neop for that.

Enjoy, hopefully :D, by downloading it in my bemanistyle profile (reg. required).

0 comments (Click to Show/Hide):