Thursday, February 1, 2007

Song of the Week 01/02/2007 Epica - Feint (Acoustic)

I've known Epica for quite a while, but only recently was I treated to a special version of one of their best songs in my opinion (Feint). I got my hands on one of their DVD's and it contained this special acoustic version of the song. This is not their type of thing, but it ended up in a very beautiful song.

Actually if you wiki Epica you get "Epica is a Dutch symphonic metal band which puts emphasis on the use of operatic elements and death grunts, also performing some song passages in Latin.", and there are no grunts in this song.

Slow, sad, and beautifully colored tune, with great lyrics (she also has a GREAT voice), dramatically increasing melody; it wins my song of the week :D.

By the way, just for the record, the initial inspiration for this song came from the story of a dead dutch politician, but you probably won't find a relationship between that and this song (or... maybe).

Music Video here.

If you want the song well you can probably bump into it somewhere in the internet ^^

2 comments (Click to Show/Hide):

Anonymous said...

This song is gorgeous ^-^ I'm in the middle of arranging it so the choir at my high school can sing it, along with a couple of people from the orchestra.

Sooki said...

Nice! If you can pull that voice off go ahead. Sounds like fun:0 good luck