Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ergo Proxy

Well I finished Ergo Proxy today, so I felt like I should leave a comment here.

An overall enjoyable series, I believe it fails to deliver an extra 'punch' to make it different from it's counterparts that belong to the same genre.

The characters were OK, nothing new, but you can get to like them (Pino is pretty funny). The story is interesting... for the most part. The animation is great most of the time, no real problems there. Music was... well it was there, the opening theme is pretty plain IMO, but the ending theme by Radiohead is a great song I had already listened to and I liked it being used as an anime ending theme (:D get that song).

My only real complaint with this series is that it really doesn't deliver anything new. Sure the setting is passable, but I can only handle so many post-apocalyptic "we are doomed/we don't know reality" movies/series. Most of these future-themed sci-fi stories deliver the important message that we should preserve our planet, but I have heard too much.

Favorite Episode: 16 (Wonderful)
Overall: 7.5
Closing comments: Enjoyable in most aspects, story fails at some parts (great at other parts), characters plain but likeable.
Recommend: Yes. Only if you haven't seen a bunch of future sci-fi movies and series already :P